Feed aggregator

Debt Bomb Ticking: Taxpayer Group Warns U.S. Debt Could Hit 120% of GDP by 2036

Yeshiva World News -

A national taxpayer advocacy group is calling on President Donald Trump and Congress to address the nation’s rising debt, warning that interest payments and long-term spending commitments are putting increasing pressure on the federal budget. The warning comes after the Congressional Budget Office projected that federal debt held by the public will reach 120% of […]

DNA from Glove Near Nancy Guthrie’s Home Fails to Match Any FBI Records

Yeshiva World News -

Fox News reports that Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said an unknown male DNA profile recovered from a glove found roughly two miles from Nancy Guthrie’s home that was submitted to the FBI’s CODIS database did not produce any matches. Nanos indicated that investigators had hoped the evidence would generate leads, but the testing returned […]

Ben Gvir: ‘Blood of Murdered Arabs Is On Baharav-Miara’s Hands’

Matzav -

National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir launched a forceful attack on Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara, accusing her of obstructing efforts to combat violent crime in the Arab sector and asserting that her actions have cost lives.

Ben Gvir argued that initiatives he proposed years ago to address organized crime were rejected by the attorney general. “The blood of those murdered in the Arab sector is on the hands of Gali Baharav-Miara. Because when I came to her three years ago and said, ‘Take a list, these are a hundred families, let’s arrest them administratively,’ she told me no,” Ben Gvir claimed.

He said that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has since come around to his position regarding the attorney general’s removal. “Two and a half years ago, I went to the Prime Minister and told him, ‘Let’s fire her, let’s send her home.’ He said to me, ‘You’re a young minister, you don’t understand, it doesn’t work like that.’ Today, he admits that I was right. She needs to be sent home, and we need a legal reform.”

The national security minister also addressed his broader role within the coalition, saying he and his allies have shaped key policy decisions. “We have influenced many things. There were those who didn’t want to engage in maneuvering, but we were there in the government, and we influenced the maneuver and ensured that we would go in and do a good job.”

Turning to legislation that would impose the death penalty on terrorists, Ben Gvir said he anticipates progress on the measure. “I have a promise from Prime Minister Netanyahu that he will push it forward.”

{Matzav.com}

Judge Blocks Re-Detention of Kilmar Abrego Garcia After 90-Day Limit

Yeshiva World News -

A federal judge has ruled that immigration authorities cannot re-detain Kilmar Abrego Garcia after his 90-day detention period expired and the government failed to present a viable deportation plan. The case has drawn attention following his deportation to El Salvador last year, despite a prior immigration court order barring his removal over safety concerns.

Over 25,000 Children Recognized as Victims of Terror Since October 7, National Insurance Institute Reports

Matzav -

A total of 25,274 children have been officially classified as victims of terrorist attacks since October 7, according to figures released Tuesday by the National Insurance Institute. The overwhelming majority—more than 97 percent—received that recognition during the initial months of the war, between October and December 2023.

The data paints a devastating picture of the toll on Israel’s youngest citizens. Sixty-three children have been killed since the outbreak of the war. Thirty-five children were left without either parent, and 316 minors lost brothers or sisters in the violence.

Beyond those fatalities and family losses, 5,659 children have been acknowledged by the National Insurance Institute as suffering from physical injuries or psychological trauma connected to the attacks.

A closer look at the age distribution shows that the largest number of affected children falls within the 5 to 9 age group, totaling 8,123. The next largest group is toddlers and preschoolers between ages 0 and 4, with 7,356 children recognized.

Among older children, 6,532 between the ages of 10 and 14 were listed as victims, along with 3,263 teenagers aged 15 to 17.

In its statement, the National Insurance Institute emphasized that it is focused on safeguarding the rights and long-term welfare of these children. Assistance includes monthly financial benefits, social services, and access to emotional and therapeutic care.

“The National Insurance Institute views the rehabilitation of the future generation impacted by terrorism as a paramount national and moral mission, and it will continue to provide the necessary support to every child, as much as it can, from now and throughout their lives.”

{Matzav.com}

27 More Members of Tren de Aragua Indicted in New York Racketeering Case

Yeshiva World News -

An additional 27 members of Venezuelan transnational criminal organizations, Tren de Aragua and its splinter faction, anti-Tren, have been indicted in New York in an ongoing prosecution of groups the Trump administration has designated as foreign terrorist organizations. Last year, several hundred TdA members were federally indicted, including on terrorism charges for the first time […]

Iran’s Supreme Leader Taunts Trump, US As High-Stakes Nuclear Talks Begin: ‘Slapped So Hard’

Matzav -

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei publicly ridiculed President Donald Trump and warned that American military forces could be struck down, escalating rhetoric as U.S. and Iranian representatives met in Geneva to discuss Tehran’s nuclear program and mounting tensions between the two nations.

The 86-year-old cleric’s comments came against the backdrop of an increased U.S. naval presence in the region and renewed diplomatic efforts aimed at addressing Iran’s nuclear activities and broader hostilities.

“The U.S. President says their army is the world’s strongest, but the strongest army in the world can sometimes be slapped so hard it cannot get up,” Khamenei said, according to remarks carried by Iranian media.

Khamenei, whose regime faced widespread condemnation following a sweeping crackdown on nationwide protests last month that human rights organizations say left at least 7,000 people dead, also issued a warning about American naval forces through his English-language X account.

“The Americans constantly say that they’ve sent a warship toward Iran,” Khamenei’s team posted on his English X account. “Of course, a warship is a dangerous piece of military hardware. However, more dangerous than that warship is the weapon that can send that warship to the bottom of the sea.”

At the same time, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard launched military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz, as well as in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, underscoring the growing friction with Washington in a region critical to global energy supplies.

Trump has declined to rule out military action against Iran’s ruling establishment, and the recent buildup of American forces in the area mirrors the deployment he assembled near Venezuela prior to the Jan. 3 raid that resulted in the capture of strongman Nicolas Maduro and his wife.

“It seems like that would be the best thing that could happen,” Trump told reporters Friday when asked about the prospect of regime change in Iran.

When questioned about whether the United States might once again strike Iran’s nuclear facilities, Trump responded, “If we do it, that would be the least of the mission.”

The exchange of threats and sharp rhetoric highlights the fragile moment between diplomacy and confrontation, as negotiations move forward even while both sides signal their readiness for escalation.

Israel Renews Travel Rule for Dual Citizens

Matzav -

For decades, regulations required citizens of Israel – including those who also held another nationality – to use an Israeli passport when entering or leaving the country.

When the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted government services worldwide, passport offices and Israeli missions abroad operated at limited capacity or were closed altogether. This created significant challenges for many citizens who were unable to obtain or renew Israeli travel documents. In response, the Interior Ministry introduced a temporary policy allowing dual citizens to travel using their non-Israeli passports. Since then, the arrangement has been renewed repeatedly due to ongoing demand and practical need, most recently in December 2025.

Chaim V’Chessed has actively lobbied on behalf of the community to help ensure the continuation of this important exception.

The Interior Ministry has now announced that this accommodation will remain in place through September 30, 2026. Dual citizens will therefore continue to be permitted to enter and depart Israel using a valid foreign passport during this period.

Chaim V’Chessed will continue to share updates with the community on travel rules, requirements, and any changes as they occur.

{Matzav.com}

Canadian Groups Warn of Growing Cross-Border Crime, Urge Stronger Border Security

Yeshiva World News -

Two Canadian groups have called on the Canadian government to strengthen border security, highlighting failures to crack down on drug trafficking and illicit trade. While the U.S. and Canada “share one of the most successful and mutually beneficial economic and trade relationships in the world,” the groups argue, the transborder economies are facing “a myriad […]

Pages

Subscribe to NativUSA Portal aggregator