Feed aggregator

Amos Yadlin: ‘I Would Think Twice Whether To Fly This Weekend’

Matzav -

Major General (res.) Amos Yadlin, the former head of IDF Military Intelligence, said Wednesday morning that the current round of negotiations between the United States and Iran is unfolding against a backdrop of mounting regional strain, warning that decisions must be approached with care.

Speaking in an interview with Chadashot Haboker, Yadlin reflected on the broader international climate and remarked, “Last week, I allowed myself to fly to the Munich Security Conference. I would think twice about flying this upcoming weekend.” He suggested that the very fact he would reconsider travel plans signals how much the level of tension has escalated.

During the conversation, Yadlin added, “We are much closer than we were before, but I remind you – a superpower doesn’t go to war within days. There is a diplomatic path that must be exhausted.”

He emphasized that while maintaining military readiness is essential, diplomatic channels must be fully pursued before any escalation.

“Many oppose an attack,” Yadlin noted. “In the Pentagon, it’s not clear what they want it to achieve. The President is very determined – the statement that all options are on the table relies on a credible military threat, complementing his preparation near Iran’s shores and in its skies.”

{Matzav.com}

Trump Has Prepared Speech On Extraterrestrial Life, Lara Trump Says

Matzav -

President Trump is said to be holding onto a speech addressing extraterrestrial life and unidentified spacecraft, with plans to deliver it when the timing is right, according to his daughter-in-law Lara Trump.

During an appearance on the “Pod Force One” podcast, Lara Trump said that both she and her husband, Eric Trump, have pressed the president about the possibility of aliens and UFOs, but that he has remained somewhat guarded in his responses.

“We’ve kind of asked my father-in-law about this… we all want to know about the UFOs… and he played a little coy with us,” Lara Trump said.

She went on to suggest that the president may already have prepared remarks on the subject. “I’ve heard kind of around, I think my father-in-law has actually said it, that there is some speech that he has, that I guess at the right time, I don’t know when the right time is, he’s going to break out and talk about and it has to do with maybe some sort of extraterrestrial life.”

When asked Wednesday about Lara Trump’s comments, White House spokesperson Karoline Leavitt said she was unaware of any such speech but acknowledged it would generate significant attention.

“I’ll have to check in with our speech writing team. Uh, and that would be of great interest to me personally, and I’m sure all of you in this room and apparently former President Obama, too.”

In recent days, Barack Obama addressed renewed online speculation about aliens after remarks he made on Brian Tyler Cohen’s podcast were widely circulated and interpreted by some as confirming the existence of extraterrestrial life.

“They’re real but I haven’t seen them,” Obama said on the podcast. “And they’re not being kept in… what is it? Area 51. There’s no underground facility unless there’s this enormous conspiracy and they hid it from the president of the United States.”

Obama later clarified his comments in an Instagram post, explaining that he had been responding in a lighthearted rapid-fire segment and did not intend to suggest any firsthand knowledge. He wrote that, “Statistically, the universe is so vast that the odds are good there’s life out there.”

“But the distances between solar systems are so great that the chances we’ve been visited by aliens is low, and I saw no evidence during my presidency that extraterrestrials have made contact with us. Really!”

Public fascination with the possibility of alien life has intensified in recent years, drawing attention from lawmakers as well. Members of the House of Representatives have conducted hearings and received classified briefings concerning unidentified flying objects, now officially referred to by the government as unidentified anomalous phenomena, or UAP.

One such hearing in July 2023 included testimony from former military intelligence officer and whistleblower David Grusch, who alleged that the Pentagon and other agencies have concealed details about UAP activity.

Grusch claimed that the government has operated a “multi-decade” effort aimed at reverse-engineering nonhuman technology recovered from crash sites and currently in U.S. possession. The Pentagon has rejected those assertions.

A subsequent report released in March 2024 dismissed allegations that the United States had successfully reverse-engineered alien spacecraft or that authorities were concealing extraterrestrial technology or biological material from beyond Earth.

MK Abutbul Demands Immediate Halt to Shabbos Bus Line 711 Serving Ben Gurion Airport

Matzav -

A political and legal dispute has erupted over the expansion of weekend public transportation after Shas MK Moshe Abutbul called on Transportation Minister Miri Regev to immediately suspend the operation of Line 711, part of the “Naim B’Sofash” Shabbos transit network.

The controversy centers on the line’s recent extension into Ben Gurion Airport, where it now enters airport grounds and stops at Terminal 1. Abutbul described the move as a “serious, unlawful and unprecedented event,” arguing that it represents an unauthorized attempt to establish facts on the ground without state approval.

In a sharply worded appeal to the minister, Abutbul claimed the route is operating as a “pirate” line, bypassing the authority of national regulators. He criticized statements by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality and Deputy Mayor Meital Lehavi, who had argued that local authorities are stepping in where the government has left a vacuum.

“The only vacuum here is an attempt by a municipality to replace the state,” Abutbul wrote.

In his letter to Regev, Abutbul outlined what he described as multiple legal violations, including alleged breaches of Israel Airports Authority regulations and the placement of signage at the terminal without proper authorization. He further argued that operating an intercity transportation service without the approval of the Interior Minister violates the Cities Association Law, and noted that the Transportation Ministry has not yet completed the regulatory review it committed to conducting before the court on the matter.

Beyond the issue of Shabbos observance, Abutbul warned of potential criminal and traffic violations, including stopping at designated public transportation stations without a license and harming licensed taxi drivers at Ben Gurion Airport who operate under binding agreements. He also accused the municipality of using artificial intelligence-generated images to depict signage at the terminal, calling it part of what he described as a broader effort by a “State of Tel Aviv” to appropriate sovereign powers belonging to the State of Israel.

Transportation Minister Miri Regev responded to a parliamentary query from Abutbul, stating that she would thoroughly examine the claims and the legality of the route’s operation.

Abutbul concluded with a pointed message directed at Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai: “Ben Gurion Airport is not a municipal plaza, and the law is not a recommendation. Whoever seeks to lead must first lead in respecting the law.”

{Matzav.com}

Nochum Rokeach Presents the Skverer Rebbe with Sefer Torah of Rav Aharon of Chernobyl zt”l

Matzav -

A rare and historic Sefer Torah once owned by Rav Aharon of Chernobyl zt”l was presented this week to the Skverer Rebbe during a moving ceremony marking the completion of the public Torah reading cycle in a scroll that the Rebbe had dedicated one year earlier.

The miniature Sefer Torah, written more than 160 years ago, was acquired and gifted to the Rebbe by philanthropist Mr. Nachum Rokeach.

After the passing of Rav Aharon of Chernobyl, the Sefer Torah was inherited by his son, Rav Yeshaya Meshulam Zusia, and later by his grandson, Rav Shlomo Bentzion of Chernobyl. Rav Shlomo Bentzion took the Sefer Torah with him when he fled the pogroms in Russia in 1919.

Several years ago, Rav Yitzchak Meir Twersky of Queens, a descendant of the Chernobyl dynasty, discovered that the Sefer Torah was in the possession of another descendant of the family living in Eretz Yisroel. The Sefer Torah was being kept in a simple bag, and its owner mistakenly believed it to be a “Tanach of the Baal Shem Tov.” After careful historical and scholarly research, it was confirmed that the Sefer Torah was in fact the long-lost Torah of Rav Aharon of Chernobyl.

Rav Twersky purchased the scroll, and Mr. Rokeach of Lakewood subsequently acquired it on behalf of the Skverer Rebbe.

The Sefer Torah is exceptionally small, with the parchment measuring approximately 10 centimeters in height. Despite its size, the script is remarkably precise and beautifully formed. The Skverer Rebbe invested tens of thousands of dollars to have the Sefer Torah meticulously restored and enhanced by an expert sofer.

{Matzav.com}

Massie, Khanna Move to Force House War Powers Vote on Iran

Yeshiva World News -

Reps. Thomas Massie and Ro Khanna signaled they will seek to force House action on Iran-related war powers, with Khanna stating they already have a War Powers Resolution filed and that he intends to introduce a motion to discharge to bring the measure out of committee for debate and a floor vote next week, arguing […]

When Will The Partial Government Shutdown Start Impacting TSA, Air Travel?

Matzav -

The federal government has now been partially shut down for five days, though many Americans may not yet have felt the effects. If the standoff continues, however, travelers could soon encounter problems at airports across the country.

The shutdown, which took effect early Saturday morning, is limited to the Department of Homeland Security. As a result, air traffic controllers — who work under the Federal Aviation Administration — continue to receive their pay.

Transportation Security Administration employees, by contrast, are generally required to report to work despite not receiving pay during the shutdown.

History suggests that travel complications tend to surface gradually rather than immediately during funding lapses. Roughly a month into last year’s lengthy shutdown, TSA shut down two screening checkpoints at Philadelphia International Airport. On that same day, federal officials took the rare step of instructing commercial airlines nationwide to scale back their domestic flight schedules.

This time, however, disruptions may arise more quickly, according to John Rose, chief risk officer at global travel management firm Altour.

“It’s still fresh in their minds and potentially their pocketbooks,” Rose said, referring to last year’s shutdown experience.

Strains could intensify once TSA workers miss their first paycheck while still facing regular monthly expenses. Some may feel compelled to call in sick or seek temporary work elsewhere to cover essential costs.

“If you have kids, a mortgage, a car payment, food bills—you can’t miss a check,” Joe Shuker, regional vice president of the union representing TSA workers, said during the late 2025 shutdown. “Our members are worried about how to pay for childcare, wondering if they could be saving money by staying home with their kids.”

Although air traffic controllers remain on the payroll, flight operations could still be affected indirectly. Airlines might hold planes at the gate if passengers are delayed at security checkpoints. Staffing shortages among TSA agents could also slow the inspection of checked luggage behind the scenes, adding to delays.

Negotiations between the White House and congressional Democrats remain stalled. According to an administration official who spoke anonymously to the Associated Press, the two sides are “still pretty far apart” on an agreement that would impose certain limits on federal immigration enforcement agents.

Democratic leaders presented a revised proposal to the White House late Monday, but with lawmakers currently outside Washington, expectations for a breakthrough this week are low.

The administration official said the White House remains open to serious discussions aimed at reopening the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees agencies including the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the TSA. At the same time, the president has made clear that any compromise must safeguard law enforcement personnel.

All other federal agencies outside DHS remain funded through September 30.

New Security Affair In Israel: Suspected Smuggling Case At US Headquarters In Kiryat Gat

Yeshiva World News -

A new serious security case in Israel was exposed on Tuesday evening by i24News, only two weeks after indictments were filed in the previous security affair that centered on the smuggling of cigarettes and other goods into Gaza. According to the report, security officials are investigating serious suspicions that top Israeli criminal figures cooperated with […]

El Al Passengers’ Luggage Left Behind in Los Angeles After “Free Palestine” Stickers Spark Security Concerns

Matzav -

An unusual and troubling incident unfolded Tuesday on an El Al flight from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv, when several passengers landed at Ben Gurion Airport only to discover that their luggage had been left behind in the United States. The reason, according to airport officials, was the discovery of “Free Palestine” stickers affixed to the suitcases, prompting a security hold.

The flight, which departed from Los Angeles en route to Israel, was already delayed on the runway before takeoff. One passenger, Keren, a resident of Kfar Saba who was on board, described a chain of events that began with an unexplained delay and ended in frustration at the baggage carousel in Israel.

“There was about an hour-and-a-half delay at departure from Los Angeles,” Keren recalled in a conversation with mako. “Everyone was already on the plane, but we didn’t take off, and no one told us the reason.”

The explanation only became clear after landing at Ben Gurion Airport. When Keren and several others were unable to locate their suitcases, they approached the airport’s baggage tracing department.

“When we landed in Israel and went to collect our suitcase – we didn’t find it, and together with eight other passengers we went to the baggage tracing department at Ben Gurion Airport,” she said. “There we were told that all of our suitcases remained in Los Angeles after ‘Free Palestine’ stickers were found on them, apparently placed there by one of the airport workers. There is no other explanation.”

Beyond the inconvenience of being separated from their belongings, Keren voiced serious concern about the broader security implications.

“It’s really frightening and alarming – what if they had put something inside one of the suitcases? Whoever did this could have done other things,” she said.

The passengers’ luggage is now reportedly en route to Israel and is expected to be returned to its owners within the next 24 hours.

Airport officials emphasized that after check-in, all luggage bound for Israel undergoes a rigorous inspection process. Bags are subject to multiple layers of security screening — both by the airline and airport personnel — before being loaded into the aircraft’s cargo hold, effectively creating a double security procedure prior to departure.

{Matzav.com}

Pages

Subscribe to NativUSA Portal aggregator