WATCH LIVE: Mir Yerushalayim’s “Malki Rabbonon” Maamad in Yerushalayim
WATCH:
WATCH:
The Food and Drug Administration has changed its position and will now evaluate Moderna’s new influenza vaccine, the company announced Wednesday, reversing an earlier decision that stunned its leadership.
Just days ago, the agency informed Moderna that it would not proceed with reviewing the company’s updated flu shot, stating that the submission lacked sufficient supporting research. The unexpected move left Moderna’s president, Dr. Stephen Hoge, in “complete shock.”
In an exclusive interview with The NY Post, Hoge said he was “completely surprised and honestly pretty confused” after receiving the letter from Dr. Vinay Prasad.
The FDA’s decision to reconsider comes after The Post published an editorial cautioning that halting the final phase of the vaccine’s approval process could cost lives, warning that such a move might result in the deaths of “hundreds, maybe thousands, of senior citizens.”
To accelerate the process, Moderna had submitted a divided application. The company sought full approval for individuals between the ages of 50 and 64, while requesting accelerated approval for those 65 and older, with a commitment to carry out a follow-up study in older adults after the vaccine becomes available.
According to Moderna, the FDA has now established an August deadline to determine whether the vaccine will receive approval. Should the agency give the green light, older Americans could receive the new flu shot ahead of the 2026–2027 influenza season.
Authorities investigating the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie are facing significant challenges in retrieving additional surveillance footage from her Arizona home, with the sheriff leading the case acknowledging that the odds of obtaining more critical video appear low.
Guthrie, 84, the mother of “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie, had several security cameras installed at her residence outside Tucson. So far, however, investigators have managed to secure only Google Nest footage from the front of the property, which shows a masked individual walking up to her front door.
Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said detectives have repeatedly contacted Google in an effort to determine whether more footage can be accessed. Despite those efforts, the company indicated that further recovery may not be possible. “We don’t think we can get anything,” the sheriff told NewsNation on Tuesday.
Complicating matters, Nancy did not maintain an active subscription for her camera system, a factor that has made the retrieval process particularly complex, Nanos said.
“It’s like peeling paint — you have images over images over images. And you’ve got to peel back very easy because you might destroy the layer you wanted,” the sheriff explained.
Even so, Nanos expressed hope that any additional video, if recovered, could prove crucial in locating Nancy. Footage released to the public last week has already prompted nearly 5,000 tips from concerned citizens.
The investigation has now entered its 18th day as search efforts continue.
Despite the obstacles, the sheriff said he has “100% faith” that law enforcement will ultimately solve the case.
“If you were the guy, if you were that monster, you should be worried,” he said.
Officials have announced a reward of up to $100,000 for information that leads to Nancy’s safe return or results in the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
In a further setback Tuesday, authorities revealed that DNA evidence collected from a glove discovered roughly two miles from Nancy’s home did not produce a match in the FBI’s national DNA database, known as CODIS.
Bnos Penina of Lakewood, NJ has announced that it will cease operations, citing severe financial shortfalls and the loss of its school building, according to a letter sent to parents on Tuesday.
In the emotional letter, the administration informed families that the school would be unable to continue operating after this week due to unmet financial commitments and mounting tuition arrears.
“Bnos Penina has been more than a school to us. It has been our life’s work, our passion, and our privilege,” the letter began. “We love your daughters. We love our staff. We love our school. We love the warmth, the growth, the רוח and the beautiful atmosphere that has defined Bnos Penina from its very beginning.”
School leadership wrote that they had made clear earlier in the year that they could not continue to shoulder the institution’s financial burden alone. They said the school opened this academic year only after receiving commitments from parents to assume greater financial responsibility and partner in sustaining operations.
“Unfortunately, those commitments were not carried through as needed to keep us financially viable,” the letter stated.
The administration further explained that tuition payments were required to remain fully current in order for the school to meet its most basic obligations. According to the letter, many accounts fell behind, contributing to the school’s inability to function.
“It must be stated clearly: had tuition obligations been maintained as agreed, we would not be in this position today,” the letter read. “Unfortunately, both the broader financial commitments and many tuition obligations have not been fulfilled. A school simply cannot function this way. Without the financial backing that was committed, we are not in a position to secure the space or meet the obligations required to continue operating.”
In a development that effectively sealed the school’s fate, the administration informed parents that the landlord had notified them that the building would no longer be available after Wednesday.
“Our landlord has just informed us that the school won’t be able to use the building after this Wednesday. Please do not send your children to school as of Thursday, Feb 19, 2026,” the letter stated.
School officials said the decision followed months of effort to find a sustainable solution, including numerous discussions and attempts to stabilize finances.
“After much effort, many conversations, and every possible attempt to find a sustainable path forward, we have reached the painful conclusion that we will not be able to continue after this Wednesday,” the letter continued. “This decision was not made lightly. It comes after speaking with תורה דעת, giving it tremendous thought, tears, and sincere attempts to avoid this outcome.”
At this point, the administration wrote, it is up to parents to determine the “אחריות of their daughters’ חינוך,” expressing hope that families might still step forward in a meaningful and immediate way to make continuation possible.
“It is our sincere hope that our wonderful and loyal parents will step forward in a meaningful and immediate way to make continuation possible,” the letter concluded.
The sudden closure leaves families scrambling to secure alternative placements for their daughters in the middle of the school year. No further details were provided regarding potential future efforts to reopen or reorganize the school.
{Matzav.com}
A landmark moment is set to take place this evening as Hagaon Rav Asher Arieli will, for the first time, deliver remarks outside the framework of his regular shiurim. The highly anticipated address will be delivered at the Malki Rabbanan gathering, scheduled to take place tonight at the Pais Arena in Yerushalayim.
For decades, Rav Arieli — the most prominent maggid shiur in the Torah world — has declined invitations to appear before large public audiences beyond his daily shiur at the Mir. His shiurim, which draw approximately a thousand lomdim each day, have become legendary. Yet despite his stature, he has consistently avoided public speaking engagements and any form of personal publicity, devoting himself exclusively to delivering Torah through his daily shiur and smaller chaburos. He also delivers a shiur each week at Yeshiva Tiferes Tzvi and a shiur each year to the participants of Agudas Yisroel’s Yerushalayim Yarchei Kallah.
According to information obtained behind the scenes, the decision follows a personal request from the Rosh Yeshiva of Mir, Rav Eliezer Yehuda Finkel, who urged Rav Arieli to address the Malki Rabbanan event in light of the significance of the occasion and its importance in being mechazeik the Olam HaTorah.
Event organizers explained the deeper message behind the gathering. “Specifically at this time,” they said, “in a period when the honor of Torah is being trampled and in the public square one hears voices of ‘Mai ahanu lan Rabbanan,’ this event comes to proclaim in a clear voice the public’s appreciation for those who toil in Torah, as Chazal said: ‘Man malki? Rabbanan!’”
{Matzav.com}
Mark Zuckerberg is set to take the witness stand in a closely watched trial examining whether Meta’s social media platforms were intentionally designed in ways that addict young users and contribute to mental health harm.
The Meta CEO is scheduled to testify Wednesday under questioning from lawyers representing a now 20-year-old woman identified as KGM. She alleges that her use of social media beginning at a young age led to addiction and worsened her depression and suicidal ideation.
Meta Platforms and Google’s YouTube remain the only defendants in the case after TikTok and Snap reached settlements. The lawsuit is one of several targeting major technology companies over the impact of their platforms on minors.
Zuckerberg has previously appeared in court and testified before Congress about youth safety issues tied to Meta’s services. During a prior congressional hearing, he apologized to families who said social media tragedies had devastated their lives.
This proceeding, however, will be the first time Zuckerberg addresses such claims before a jury. Families who have lost children and believe social media played a role are expected to attend, filling the limited public seating available in the courtroom.
The lawsuit has been designated, along with two related cases, as a bellwether trial. Its outcome could influence how thousands of similar claims against social media companies are resolved nationwide.
In a statement, a Meta spokesperson said the company firmly rejects the accusations and expressed confidence that the trial will demonstrate “our longstanding commitment to supporting young people.”
During opening arguments, Meta attorney Paul Schmidt told jurors the company does not deny that KGM has struggled with mental health challenges. Instead, he argued that Instagram was not a significant cause of those issues.
Schmidt cited medical documentation referencing instability at home, and both he and YouTube’s legal counsel contend that the plaintiff used the platforms as a way to cope with or escape existing mental health difficulties.
Zuckerberg’s appearance follows testimony last week from Adam Mosseri, who heads Instagram. On the stand, Mosseri said he rejects the notion that users can become clinically addicted to social media.
Mosseri also testified that Instagram prioritizes the safety of younger users and stated that it is “not good for the company, over the long run, to make decisions that profit for us but are poor for people’s well-being.”
Attorney Mark Lanier, representing the plaintiff, devoted much of his questioning of Mosseri to Instagram’s appearance-altering filters, pressing on how those tools may affect young users’ self-image. Lanier is expected to pursue similar lines of questioning with Zuckerberg.
Zuckerberg is also anticipated to be asked about Instagram’s algorithm, the continuous scroll format of Meta’s feeds, and other platform features that plaintiffs argue are structured to keep users engaged for extended periods.
In addition to this case, Meta is defending itself in a separate trial underway in New Mexico that began last week.
{Matzav.com}
A tense clash erupted Wednesday morning near the Knesset after bereaved parents removed photographs of their murdered children from a left-wing protest encampment, accusing activists of using the images for political purposes without their consent.
The parents, members of the “Din V’Tzedek Forum,” arrived at the protest site adjacent to the Knesset building to protest what they described as the unauthorized use of their children’s photos as part of a political campaign against the government.
According to a report on Channel 7, the situation quickly escalated into a loud and emotional confrontation between the grieving families and protest activists. Police forces were eventually called to the scene in order to separate the sides and restore order.
The parents expressed outrage over the inclusion of their loved ones’ photographs on protest signage without their permission. During the heated exchange, the families charged that “they are using pictures of our children who were murdered for their political goals without receiving our permission.”
As tensions rose, the parents began physically removing the signs bearing their children’s images from within the protest encampment. Protest activists, however, attempted to block them from taking down the signs, leading to a bitter and emotional exchange between the two sides.
{Matzav.com}
President Donald Trump on Tuesday marked five years since the death of conservative radio pioneer Rush Limbaugh, praising him as “a really great man” and declaring that “there will never be another Rush Limbaugh.”
In a video message shared on Truth Social, Trump spoke about Limbaugh’s influence on the conservative movement and the role he played during Trump’s first presidential campaign.
“This is the fifth anniversary of the loss of a really great man, a great conservative, somebody that loved our country … but he was a friend of mine — Rush Limbaugh,” Trump said.
The president recounted that when he first entered the 2016 race for the White House, he had not yet met Limbaugh personally, but soon learned that the longtime broadcaster had publicly backed his candidacy.
“I had never met Rush when I announced I was running — I’ll never forget, 2015,” Trump said.
“And I got a call all excited that Rush just endorsed you. I’d never met him. And he liked my opening speech.”
Trump explained that over time, their professional connection turned into a personal bond, and he gained a deeper appreciation for Limbaugh’s character.
“Then I got to know him and I realized what a great guy he was,” he said.
Reflecting on the anniversary, Trump emphasized the void left by Limbaugh’s absence.
“It’s five years and we miss Rush. There will never be another Rush Limbaugh.”
“To his great wife and family, I just wanna say, we miss you all. We miss him and there’ll never be anybody like him,” Trump said.
Limbaugh died on Feb. 17, 2021, at the age of 70 following a struggle with lung cancer. Over the course of his career, he became one of the most prominent voices in conservative politics.
For decades, his nationally syndicated program, “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” led the talk radio landscape, attracting millions of listeners and energizing Republican voters across the country.
Throughout Trump’s time in office, Limbaugh was a steadfast advocate of the administration’s agenda.
In 2020, during the State of the Union address, Trump presented Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, hailing him as a “special man” and a “legend.”
Limbaugh’s early endorsement during the 2016 campaign was widely viewed as a key moment that strengthened Trump’s standing among conservative activists and talk radio audiences nationwide.