Feed aggregator
Satellite Images Show U.S. THAAD Fully Deployed at Jordan Air Base
IDF Destroys Al-Jama’a Al-Islamiyya Weapons Depot in Southern Syria Raid
Huckabee: “Everyone Wants Resolution Without War” Ahead of U.S. Trip With Netanyahu
Fire Breaks Out at Tehran Power Plant, Blaze Brought Under Control
Netanyahu Leaves for U.S. Talks With President Trump
Netanyahu Departs for U.S., Set for Seventh Meeting With Trump Since Reelection
ANOTHER ARREST: Third Yeshiva Bochur Arrested, Handed to Military Police in Draft Crackdown
Four Years Since the Disappearance of Moishy Kleinerman: “We Have Not Lost Hope, We See New Developments”
Nearly four years after Moishy Kleinerman went missing in the Meron area, the investigation remains active, with police and family members emphasizing that the case is still a priority and that new developments continue to surface.
Despite the significant time that has passed, authorities confirmed that the probe is ongoing. This week, Judea and Samaria District Commander Moshe Pinchi met with members of the Kleinerman family to review the status of the case. Moishy disappeared in March 2022 while staying near Mount Meron, and his whereabouts have remained unknown since then.
The investigation was launched shortly after a missing person report was filed at the Modi’in Illit police station when the teenager did not return home. From the outset, police carried out extensive searches involving large numbers of personnel, along with a wide range of resources and investigative tools in an effort to locate him. At a later stage, responsibility for the case was transferred to the district’s central investigations unit, which continues to handle the matter.
During the meeting, family members were updated on recent developments and on new actions being taken as part of the ongoing efforts to find Moishy. Police stressed that, alongside intelligence gathering and investigative work, advanced technological methods are being used, including cooperation with civilian organizations.
District Commander Moshe Pinchi told the family that locating the missing teen remains a central objective. “Finding the missing person is a major district-level challenge, and we will continue to invest extensive efforts to solve this case,” he said. “As part of this investigation, we are using special methods and tools and are also integrating innovative technological solutions in cooperation with civilian companies. This important meeting was held in order to update the family on the details of the investigation.”
Moishy’s mother, Gitti Kleinerman, said she continues to hold on to hope despite the years that have passed. “I have not lost hope, even though almost four years have passed. The case is still on the table, and we remember Moishy all the time,” she said. “The meeting gives us a sense that the case is very important, and we see that there are constantly new developments. We thank the police for the updates and hope for good news.”
{Matzav.com}
HIGH-STAKES MEETING: Netanyahu Heads To Washington For Meeting With Trump, No Press Conference Scheduled
“Israel Must Act Now To Block Indonesian Soldiers From Entering Gaza”
Unvaccinated Children Removed from Israeli Kindergartens
Israel’s Ministry of Health has authorized a new enforcement step allowing unvaccinated children to be kept out of kindergartens and other educational institutions if they were exposed to measles, as authorities intensify efforts to contain a severe outbreak spreading across the country.
The decision followed a confirmed exposure event on February 4 at a kindergarten in the Samaria community of Emanuel, where a child who was later diagnosed with measles attended while contagious. That incident initially led to the exclusion of two unvaccinated children, a number that later rose to six across two kindergartens operating in the same facility.
The order is based on Section 19 of the Public Health Ordinance and applies only to unvaccinated children who had close contact with a confirmed measles patient and did not receive post-exposure preventive treatment, such as vaccination within 72 hours of exposure.
Health officials note that measles is among the most infectious diseases known, with more than a 90% chance of transmission to unvaccinated individuals following close contact. The virus can incubate for as long as 21 days, and infected individuals are capable of spreading it before symptoms become visible. Severe complications may occur, including encephalitis, with mortality estimated at roughly one in every 1,000 cases and a similar likelihood of lasting neurological damage. In rare cases, a fatal degenerative brain disease can develop years after infection, particularly when exposure occurs before the age of two.
The outbreak, which began around April of last year, has so far produced about 2,900 confirmed cases, though health officials believe the actual number may exceed 10,000. Fourteen children have died, and 20 patients remain hospitalized, including 10 in intensive care units. Cases have been reported in Yerushalayim, Beitar Illit, Bnei Brak, Modi’in Illit, Kiryat Gat, Petach Tikva, and Netivot.
The Ministry of Health’s Public Health Division underscored the importance of vaccination, stating: “After an exposure event, the risk of developing the disease is very high. We recommend preventive vaccination within 72 hours, which prevents illness very effectively.” Officials also stressed that while parents are entitled to make decisions for their own children, “parents cannot decide for other children,” warning that allowing exposed, unvaccinated children to attend group settings endangers others, including immunocompromised individuals and pregnant women.
In Israel, measles vaccines are offered free of charge at one year of age and again before first grade, and are widely regarded as safe and highly effective based on extensive research. The Health Ministry urged parents to act quickly, emphasizing that vaccination can avert serious illness and fatalities.
The exclusion orders are temporary and will be reassessed on a weekly basis or adjusted if new medical developments arise, such as the onset of symptoms. Authorities warned that sending an exposed, unvaccinated child to school in violation of the order could be treated as a criminal offense.
Officials described the policy as a necessary precaution in the face of an extreme public health emergency, aimed at safeguarding the wider population during one of the most serious measles outbreaks Israel has faced in recent years.
{Matzav.com}US Official Reiterates: Trump Opposed To Israeli Sovereignty Over Judea And Samaria
A White House official reiterated on Monday that US President Donald Trump opposes Israel extending sovereignty to Judea and Samaria, underscoring the administration’s position amid recent Israeli government decisions affecting the area.
“A stable West Bank keeps Israel secure and is in line with this administration’s goal to achieve peace in the region,” the official said in remarks to the Reuters news agency.
The statement followed Israeli cabinet approvals a day earlier of a series of moves expected to significantly alter the legal and civil framework in Judea and Samaria, with an emphasis on cutting red tape and speeding up settlement growth.
The initiatives, advanced by Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich and Defense Minister Israel Katz, are designed to roll back regulations dating to the Jordanian period and to modernize land administration. Among the central steps is the declassification of land registry records that had long been kept sealed, a change intended to increase transparency and enable lawful property transactions.
In addition, ministers voted to abolish the prohibition on selling real estate to Jews, nullifying a Jordanian-era law that barred such sales. Under the new policy, Jewish purchasers will be able to buy land through procedures closer to those used inside central Israel. Authority over planning in Jewish areas near Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarchs was also shifted to the Civil Administration, a move expected to simplify and accelerate planning approvals.
Further cabinet actions include enhancing the administrative status of Rachel’s Tomb to improve the delivery of municipal services, expanding state enforcement powers in Areas A and B for environmental and legal matters, and reviving a land acquisition committee that had been inactive for years in order to secure land for future settlement activity.
Trump has previously made his position clear on the issue. In September, he told reporters that he would “not allow” Israel to move forward with sovereignty in Judea and Samaria.
“I will not allow Israel to annex the West Bank. No, I will not allow it. It’s not going to happen,” Trump said at the time when asked directly about the matter.
When questioned about whether he had discussed the issue with Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu, Trump responded, “Yeah, but I’m not going to allow it,” reiterating his firm stance.
{Matzav.com}
RFK Jr.: ‘Warfare’ Against Ultra-Processed Foods
Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. warned on Monday that America’s heavy dependence on ultra-processed foods is damaging children’s health, characterizing efforts to confront the problem as “spiritual warfare,” according to a report by the Washington Examiner.
Kennedy made the remarks during a sit-down conversation with Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts marking the first anniversary of his Make America Healthy Again initiative. He argued that highly processed foods now dominate what Americans eat and are a major driver of chronic illness, especially among children.
“It’s spiritual warfare. It’s a war at scale against cellular activity. It’s an assault on children,” Kennedy said, citing administration figures indicating that about 70% of the calories consumed by American children come from ultra-processed foods.
He likened the long-term health consequences of these products to tobacco use, asserting that ultra-processed foods are “much worse than cigarettes” in terms of their lasting impact on health.
Kennedy also pointed to the financial toll of poor diet, saying chronic illnesses linked to nutrition now account for a substantial portion of federal healthcare spending. He estimated that roughly 40 cents of every taxpayer dollar is spent treating preventable metabolic disease.
Addressing criticism that his approach could lead to excessive government control, Kennedy dismissed claims that his policies amount to a “nanny state.”
He emphasized that Americans should continue to have the freedom to decide what they eat, including indulgences like soda or sweets, but argued that people are entitled to clear, honest information about the health effects of those choices.
“I’m not going to take away anybody’s donuts or Coca-Cola,” Kennedy said, stressing that individual choice must go hand in hand with accurate and transparent guidance.
Kennedy further took aim at what he described as outsized corporate influence on nutrition research and public health messaging, urging parents to view food advertising and official recommendations with “fierce skepticism.”
He maintained that both government institutions and the food industry have fallen short in protecting children from harmful dietary patterns.
As part of his broader agenda, Kennedy has advocated for changes to the federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans, calling for increased emphasis on protein, healthy fats, and whole foods, while reducing reliance on refined carbohydrates and processed products.
The remarks reflect Kennedy’s wider push to challenge established public health assumptions and redirect federal policy toward what he says is a more candid, preventive, and health-focused approach.
{Matzav.com}
Watch: 7-Minute Iyun Shiur on Daf Yomi – Menachos 30
WATCH:
1st Country: Indonesia Officially Confirms It Will Send Up To 8,000 Soldiers To Gaza
HaRav Landau: ‘Those Who Persecute Lomdei Torah Should Know—Yesh Din V’Yesh Dayan!’
UTTER DISGRACE: IDF Admits: “We Prevented Ben Torah From Laying Tefillin”
Another Arrest: Chabad Yeshiva Bochur Handed Over to Military Police
Extremist Allegedly Planned Pepper Spray Attack on Stoliner Rebbe; Details Emerge
An extremist was detained after allegedly planning to spray pepper spray at the Stoliner Rebbe, according to sources on Monday, following a separate incident earlier in the day in which radical protesters publicly harassed the rebbe.
Journalist Yoeli Brim reported that a zealot was apprehended while carrying pepper spray that he intended to use against the Stoliner Rebbe. According to the report, police later released the suspect and did not confiscate the pepper spray.
Earlier in the morning, a group of extremists from the fringes of the chareidi community confronted and humiliated the Stoliner Rebbe as he arrived in the Gush Shemonim area to attend a bris for the son of one of his chassidim.
The protesters, who oppose the Rebbe’s involvement in efforts to arrange adapted military service frameworks for the chareidi public, lay in wait for him and vandalized his vehicle by throwing eggs, ketchup, and other objects at it.
The Rebbe himself was not harmed in the attack, though visible damage was caused to his car, as seen in the photo above obtained by Matzav.com.
Despite the incident, the Rebbe instructed his chassidim—consistent with his long-standing approach over decades—to remain silent and not respond in any way to the provocations.
Across the chassidic world and beyond, strong condemnations were voiced over what many described as a severe affront to kavod haTorah.
{Matzav.com}
