Feed aggregator

Biden-Released Illegal Alien Charged with Murdering Vietnam War Veteran

Matzav -

A Salvadoran illegal immigrant who entered the United States during the Biden administration and was later released into the country is now accused of gunning down a 71-year-old military veteran in what investigators believe was a random attack. Federal officials are also pointing to California’s sanctuary policies, arguing they prevented Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) from taking the suspect into custody before the deadly shooting.

ICE placed a detainer on Axel Eduardo Chavez-Marroquin, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador who crossed the southern border into California in 2021 and was released into the United States by the Biden administration.

“This illegal alien should’ve never been allowed on our streets, and James Witten should still be alive today,” Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Lauren Bis said. “ICE is now asking officials in Utah to commit to not releasing this criminal from jail and to work with ICE so that we can remove him from our country. Reckless sanctuary policies in states like California are putting American lives at risk.”

Authorities in West Point, Utah, say the fatal shooting took place on May 30 as Randy Witten was decorating the porch of his home with his back turned toward the street. Investigators allege that Chavez-Marroquin drove up, exited his vehicle, and fired 10 shots at the unsuspecting veteran before fleeing the scene.

Police say Witten died from the gunfire. Investigators allege the suspect immediately drove to Las Vegas, Nevada, where he was ultimately arrested on June 16 and charged in connection with the killing.

Detectives say the entire shooting was captured by Witten’s doorbell camera. Despite the video evidence, investigators have not yet determined a motive and remain uncertain whether the victim was deliberately targeted.

Witten is survived by his wife, Maria, along with their children. According to his obituary, he devoted two decades to military service in the U.S. Air Force and served during the Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm, and the invasion of Grenada.

“His Military decorations include; Meritorious Service Medal; AF Commendation Medal with one device; AF outstanding Unit Award with two devices; AF Organizational Excellence Award with one device; AF Good Conduct Medal with five devices; National Defense Service Medal with one device; NCO Professional Military Education Graduate Ribbon with two devices; Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one device; and AF Training Ribbon,” Witten’s obituary reads.

Chavez-Marroquin has been charged with murder with a dangerous weapon, discharge of a firearm causing serious injury, dangerous weapon conduct by a restricted person, and obstruction of justice. He remains jailed in Davis County, Utah, awaiting further legal proceedings.

Federal officials contend the suspect could have been deported before the killing if California authorities had cooperated with ICE. Chavez-Marroquin had previously been arrested in Santa Ana in 2024 on domestic violence allegations and again in Laguna Niguel in 2025 on another domestic violence charge.

Because of California’s sanctuary state policies, ICE says it was never notified after either of those arrests, preventing agents from taking him into immigration custody.

“This monster is charged with murdering a 71-year-old Army and Air Force veteran in Utah. California sanctuary politicians released this criminal from jail twice after arrests for domestic violence,” Bis said. “Following his release, he went on to commit this heinous murder.”

{Matzav.com}

TorahAnytime Announces FREE 25-Hour Global Tisha B’Av Live Streaming Event

Matzav -

[COMMUNICATED]

More than 70 speakers, 35 live programs, and multiple specialized channels will unite Jews around the world on July 22–23, 2026.

This Tisha B’Av, Jews across the globe will have an extraordinary opportunity to experience a full day of meaningful Torah, kinnos, inspiration, and reflection through TorahAnytime’s annual Tisha B’Av Live Streaming Event.

Taking place on July 22–23, 2026, the completely free program will feature 25 hours of continuous content, with more than 70 renowned rabbanim, speakers, and educators participating in over 35 live events and specialized programs.

The event is designed to help every participant connect with the meaning of Tisha B’Av in a way that speaks personally to them.

Viewers and listeners will be able to select from a wide variety of simultaneous programming, including TorahAnytime’s main broadcast, JewishAnytime, TorahAnytime Español, Daily Dose, StoryAnytime, Chazak, Torah Connections, dedicated women’s programming, children’s programming, kinnos, and much more.

Something Meaningful for Everyone

Tisha B’Av can be a long and emotionally challenging day. TorahAnytime’s goal is to transform those hours into an opportunity for deeper understanding, spiritual growth, and connection to Klal Yisrael.

The diverse lineup enables participants to choose the speakers, styles, languages, and topics that resonate most with them.

The program includes leading rabbanim and speakers from across the Jewish world, representing a broad range of communities and audiences.

Among the many featured speakers are Rabbi YY Jacobson, Rabbi Paysach Krohn, Rabbi Yisroel Reisman, Rabbi Zev Leff, Rabbi Moshe Meiselman, Rabbi Yitzchak Breitowitz, Rabbi Daniel Glatstein, Rabbi Fischel Schachter, Rabbi David Ashear, Rabbi Ephraim Eliyahu Shapiro, Rabbi Joey Haber, Rabbi Benzion Klatzko, Mr. Charlie Harary, Rabbi Warren Goldstein, Rabbi Mordechai Becher, Rabbi Shlomo Farhi, Rabbi Chanan Gordon, Rabbi Yaakov Rahimi, Rabbi Pinchas Landis, Rabbi Don Jarashow, and many others.

A special live program featuring Rabbi Joey Haber is also scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Live Kinnos From Communities Around the World

In addition to inspirational lectures and presentations, TorahAnytime will offer access to live kinnos programs from prominent rabbanim, shuls, and communities.

Participants will be able to join kinnos led by speakers including Rabbi Daniel Glatstein, Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser, Rabbi Ephraim Eliyahu Shapiro, Rabbi Moshe Tuvia Lieff, Rabbi Yisroel Reisman, Rabbi Aharon Lopiansky, Rabbi Yosef Ginsberg, Rabbi Eliezer Abish, and others.

Programs will also connect listeners with communities in locations including Har Nof, Manchester, and additional Jewish communities around the world.

No Internet or Smartphone Required

One of the most important features of the event is its accessibility.

Those with internet access can watch or listen through:
TorahAnytime.com/TishaBav

Anyone without internet access or a smartphone can participate by calling the TorahAnytime Tisha B’Av hotline: 605-605-2220

Dedicated international dial-in numbers are also available for Israel, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

Callers can select the extension for the program they would like to hear, allowing families and individuals to participate even without a computer or smart device.

A Worldwide Tisha B’Av Experience

TorahAnytime’s Tisha B’Av programming has grown into a major global event, reaching participants in more than 130 cities and attracting more than 750,000 viewers and listeners.

Despite the many different programs, communities, and speakers, the event carries one central message:

On Tisha B’Av, Jews everywhere can come together to mourn, learn, reflect, and strengthen their connection to Hashem and to one another.

Whether someone is looking for an in-depth Torah lecture, a moving personal story, a family-friendly program, a presentation in Spanish, a women’s program, a children’s program, or live kinnos, TorahAnytime is creating an accessible entry point for every Jew.

Join From Anywhere — Completely Free

The entire 25-hour event is being offered 100% free of charge.

Speakers and program times may be updated as the event approaches.

The latest schedule, streaming links, and dial-in information will be available at:
TorahAnytime.com/TishaBav

On July 22–23, Jews around the world are invited to choose a program, invite family and friends, and become part of one of the largest shared Tisha B’Av learning experiences in the world.

New Poll Shows Netanyahu, Eisenkot Deadlocked as Opposition Holds Edge

Matzav -

A new Channel 13 News poll released Tuesday night shows Prime Minister Binyomin Netanyahu’s Likud party running even with Gadi Eisenkot’s newly formed Yashar! party, while the anti-Netanyahu camp would hold a parliamentary advantage if elections were held today.

According to the survey, Likud and Yashar! would each capture 21 Knesset seats, placing the two parties in a statistical tie.

The Together party, headed by Naftali Bennett and Yair Lapid, continues to lose ground and is projected to win 14 seats. The Democrats follow with 11 seats, while Yisrael Beytenu is forecast to receive 10. Shas and United Torah Judaism would each secure 8 seats.

The poll projects 7 seats for Otzma Yehudit, 6 for Hadash-Ta’al, and 5 apiece for the Religious Zionist Party and Ra’am. A joint list led by Chili Tropper and Yoaz Hendel would narrowly clear the electoral threshold with 4 seats.

Meanwhile, both Blue and White and Balad are projected to fall below the threshold required to enter the Knesset.

Based on the poll’s seat distribution, the right-wing bloc would control 49 seats, while parties opposed to Netanyahu would command 60 seats without relying on support from the Arab parties.

The survey also measured public preferences for prime minister. In a direct matchup, Gadi Eisenkot leads Netanyahu by a margin of 47% to 35%. When matched against Naftali Bennett, Netanyahu trails by a narrower margin, with Bennett receiving 43% support compared to Netanyahu’s 40%.

{Matzav.com}

Trump Restores Direct U.S.-Lebanon Flights After Four-Decade Suspension

Matzav -

President Donald Trump announced that he is ending a decades-long prohibition on direct commercial flights between the United States and Lebanon, ordering his administration to allow American airlines to resume service following talks at the White House with Lebanese President Joseph Aoun.

Trump revealed the decision in a Truth Social post after meeting with Aoun, praising the Lebanese leader’s efforts to reshape his country and announcing that U.S. carriers will once again be permitted to fly directly to Lebanon.

“After meeting with the President of Lebanon, Joseph Aoun, who has done a remarkable job working to transform his Country, I am hereby directing my Administration to allow all U.S. airline carriers to fly directly to Lebanon so that Americans can easily visit this beautiful land,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

The President also applauded Aoun for what he described as a “remarkable job” advancing reforms in Lebanon and urged other nations to reopen direct commercial air service to the country.

Direct flights between the United States and Lebanon have been suspended since 1985, when the U.S. halted commercial service in the aftermath of the hijacking of TWA Flight 847 and amid continuing security concerns during Lebanon’s civil war.

The decision followed discussions between Trump and Aoun centered on expanding cooperation between the two countries, maintaining American support for the Lebanese Armed Forces, and advancing implementation of a recently negotiated framework agreement between Lebanon and Israel that was brokered in Washington.

That agreement, however, is contingent on the complete disarmament of Hezbollah. The Iran-backed terrorist organization has rejected both the framework agreement and the broader peace negotiations between Lebanon and Israel.

{Matzav.com}

Iran Threatens ‘Decisive’ Retaliation Against U.S. if Nuclear Sites Are Targeted

Matzav -

Iran’s military issued a stark warning Tuesday that any American strike on its nuclear facilities would trigger a powerful military response against U.S. forces and their allies across the region, following President Donald Trump’s pledge to destroy any Iranian nuclear site under development.

The warning came from Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters, the operational command of the country’s armed forces, which cautioned Washington against carrying out attacks on Iran’s nuclear infrastructure.

“It is made clear that should the invading and terrorist forces of that nation take such a step, it will be regarded as an escalation of conflict across the region,” the headquarters said in a statement carried by Iran’s IRNA news agency.

“In that event, all US assets, along with those of its allies and backers, will be subject to a decisive strike by the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Armed Forces,” the statement added.

The Iranian threat followed remarks by President Trump at the White House, where he vowed that the United States would strike any location where Iran attempts to revive its nuclear program.

“How about these people? They’re in this because of nuclear weapons, and they’re trying to possibly reconstitute a site? We’ll hit that site. Any site where they’re even thinking about nuclear – we’ll be hitting it very, very powerfully,” Trump said during a meeting with Lebanese President Joseph Aoun.

Trump’s comments came after The Wall Street Journal reported that Israeli intelligence believes Iran secretly transferred thousands of uranium-enrichment centrifuges last autumn to a heavily fortified underground complex inside Pickaxe Mountain.

According to the report, Israel shared the intelligence assessment with the United States. The relocation is believed to have taken place after the June 2025 war, when Israeli and American forces carried out strikes against Iran’s three principal nuclear facilities.

{Matzav.com}

Netherlands to Enforce Boycott of Goods From Jewish Communities in Judea and Samaria

Matzav -

22The Dutch government will begin enforcing a ban on imports from Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria on September 22, according to a senior Dutch diplomat, making the Netherlands the latest European Union member state to adopt such restrictions.

The official told Haaretz on Tuesday that the new policy is intended to bring the Netherlands’ trade practices into line with international legal positions that view Israel’s presence in Judea and Samaria as unlawful.

Under the new rules, businesses and individuals will be prohibited from importing, buying, or selling products manufactured in Israeli communities throughout Judea and Samaria. The regulations also outlaw brokerage and intermediary services related to those goods and impose penalties on anyone attempting to evade the restrictions.

The diplomat said the measure was officially published Tuesday in the Dutch government’s official gazette. Israel’s embassy was informed of the decision before it was publicly announced. Additional diplomatic meetings are expected to take place in The Hague to discuss implementation and could pave the way for broader international sanctions.

The Netherlands now joins Spain and Belgium as the third European Union country to impose an import ban on products originating from Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria.

According to Haaretz, Luxembourg is also expected to adopt similar restrictions in the near future. Because the country relies on the Port of Rotterdam for maritime shipping, its trade policy is closely linked to that of the Netherlands and Belgium.

Ireland has approved similar legislation as well, although it has not yet taken effect because it still requires formal approval from President Catherine Connolly.

The issue was recently discussed by the European Union’s foreign ministers, who considered imposing a bloc-wide ban on goods produced in Israeli communities in Judea and Samaria. However, the ministers were unable to reach a consensus on implementing such a measure.

Last year, nine EU member states urged the European Commission to draft proposals that would end trade between the European Union and Israeli communities located in Judea and Samaria.

That request was outlined in a letter sent to European Union foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas and signed by the foreign ministers of Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.

In their letter, the ministers cited a July 2024 advisory opinion issued by the International Court of Justice, which declared “Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories and the settlements within them as illegal”. The opinion also said that countries should take steps to prevent trade and investment activities that help sustain that situation.

{Matzav.com}

Pages

Subscribe to NativUSA Portal aggregator