Feed aggregator

Trump Says He ‘Will Not Be Rushed’ To End Iran War, Lashes Out At Pols Urging Him To Settle: ‘Helping The Other Side’

Matzav -

President Donald Trump said he will not speed up efforts to end the ongoing war with Iran, now in its 52nd day, sharply criticizing both Democrats and Republicans who are urging him to wrap up the conflict.

In a phone interview with The New York Post, Trump argued that calls for a swift agreement are undermining the United States at a critical moment in negotiations.

“How bad is it that when you are in the middle of negotiations and you have got the Iranians in a perfect position, including being militarily defeated, and you have Democrats and some Republicans asking to settle it now?” Trump said.

He expressed frustration that pressure is coming from within his own country while talks are still ongoing. “As a negotiator — and I am a great negotiator — how bad is it when you have people from your own country trying to reach a deal?” he fumed.

Trump said such efforts only strengthen Tehran’s hand. “They are helping the other side. The other side has nothing, they have no cards, but they are using this to delay. When [Senate Minority Leader Chuck] Schumer was in, he was in Afghanistan for so long.”

He emphasized that he intends to proceed on his own timeline. “I have only been in this for five weeks. I will not be rushed,” he said.

At the outset of the conflict, Trump had predicted it would conclude quickly. He said last week that Iran had privately signaled agreement to key U.S. demands, including ending its pursuit of nuclear weapons and giving up roughly 1,000 pounds of highly enriched uranium, even as public statements from Tehran remained less accommodating.

Following a first round of talks in Islamabad that failed to produce results, the administration moved to blockade Iranian ports. A second round of negotiations is expected to begin as soon as Monday.

Early in the conflict, Trump had estimated the war would last “four weeks or so.”

Under the War Powers Resolution of 1973, which the White House maintains is unconstitutional, the president is required to obtain congressional authorization for military engagements that extend beyond 60 days.

Some Republican lawmakers have begun urging Trump to bring the operation to a close, especially after recent developments that included U.S. Marines seizing an Iranian tanker that attempted to breach the blockade.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) said last week that the “clock is ticking” and that “I hope that we are arriving at an exit strategy here to bring this to a close to preserve our security interests and bring down the cost of gasoline.”

Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD) also signaled interest in the administration’s next moves, saying, “I think our members are going to be very interested in what next steps are,” and noting that a forthcoming supplemental funding request “will be an important inflection point if and when the administration submits their request.”

Democrats in Congress have largely opposed Trump’s military campaign, known as Operation Epic Fury.

The War Powers Resolution allows for an additional 30-day period to wind down hostilities after the initial 60-day limit, though enforcement of the law has historically been inconsistent.

In past conflicts, federal courts have declined to intervene to halt military operations, including during legal challenges brought against then-President Barack Obama over U.S. involvement in the Libyan Civil War.

Courts have generally ruled that questions about the duration of military engagements fall within the political sphere, leaving Congress with tools such as funding decisions to check presidential authority.

{Matzav.com}

Trump Corrects Energy Chief, Insists Gas Prices Will Fall Quicker

Matzav -

President Donald Trump on Monday dismissed his energy secretary’s recent forecast that gasoline prices may stay above $3 per gallon until next year, insisting instead that Americans could see lower prices much sooner if the conflict with Iran comes to an end.

Speaking to The Hill, Trump directly challenged Energy Secretary Chris Wright’s assessment, saying, “No, I think he’s wrong on that. Totally wrong.”

Pressed on when drivers might expect prices to ease, Trump tied any relief to developments in the war, stating, “as soon as this [the war with Iran] ends.”

Wright had taken a more measured position during an appearance on CNN the previous day, pointing to uncertainty caused by instability in the Strait of Hormuz. “I don’t know. That could happen later this year. That might not happen until next year,” Wright said, though he added that prices may have already peaked and could begin to fall. “Certainly, with a resolution of this conflict, you will see prices go down.”

The contrasting statements underscore differing expectations within the administration, as Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent indicated last week that prices could drop into the $3 range as early as this summer, according to The Hill.

Oil markets have reacted sharply in recent days due to Iranian actions affecting shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, a key route for global energy transport. U.S. gas prices have climbed past $4 per gallon for the first time since 2022, data from AAA shows.

Crude prices also jumped after U.S. forces seized an Iranian vessel near the strait on Sunday. Brent crude, a global benchmark, reached roughly $94 per barrel on Monday, while West Texas Intermediate hovered around $88.

Washington has increased economic pressure on Tehran by enforcing a blockade targeting Iranian ports, which Trump said is taking a significant toll. “The blockade is very powerful, very strong. They lose $500 million a day with the blockade up,” Trump said. “We control it. They don’t control it.”

Vice President JD Vance is slated to head a U.S. delegation to Islamabad for discussions with Pakistani and Iranian representatives. Still, Iran’s Foreign Ministry said Monday that no final decision has been made regarding its participation in the talks.

{Matzav.com}

Trump to PBS: Iran Must Sign or ‘Lots of Bombs’ Will Drop

Matzav -

President Donald Trump said Monday that if the current ceasefire with Iran falls apart, the situation could quickly escalate into renewed military action, warning that “lots of bombs start going off.”

Speaking in a phone interview with PBS News, Trump indicated that the United States is ready to intensify its response if Iran does not reach an agreement on its nuclear program, highlighting the urgency as the truce deadline approaches.

“Then lots of bombs start going off,” Trump said when asked what would happen if the ceasefire ends Tuesday, pointing to the possibility of a return to direct confrontation after weeks of heightened tensions.

The president reiterated that his administration’s primary objective remains preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

“No nuclear weapons. Very simple. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said.

American officials are preparing for another round of negotiations in Islamabad, with Vice President JD Vance, envoy Steve Witkoff, and senior adviser Jared Kushner expected to lead the discussions.

While Trump noted during the interview that Iran is “supposed to be there,” he also questioned whether Iranian representatives will ultimately attend. “If they’re not there, that’s fine too,” he said.

The administration has continued to balance diplomatic efforts with warnings of serious repercussions should Iran refuse to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

In a post on Truth Social the previous day, Trump cautioned that Tehran could face significant military consequences if it declines what he described as a “very fair and reasonable deal.”

Recent developments in the Strait of Hormuz have heightened tensions, as the area remains a vital corridor for global shipping.

U.S. officials have accused Iran of breaching the ceasefire by targeting vessels, drawing a firm reaction from Washington.

Trump has pointed to Iran’s actions as evidence that it cannot be relied upon and must be dealt with decisively.

At the same time, he suggested that resolving the conflict could bring economic relief, particularly in energy markets, countering concerns about rising fuel costs.

He told PBS that gas prices could “come roaring down” if Iran agrees to a deal and tensions subside.

Trump also defended Jared Kushner’s involvement in the negotiations, brushing aside criticism and describing him as a capable negotiator focused on ensuring Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons.

With the ceasefire nearing its end and global markets closely monitoring developments, the coming days are expected to be critical.

Trump made clear that while a diplomatic resolution is preferable, the United States stands ready to take further action if needed.

{Matzav.com}

Sa’ar Slams Polish FM Over “Defamatory” Accusations Against the IDF

Matzav -

A public dispute broke out between Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar and Polish Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski following an incident involving an IDF soldier in southern Lebanon, triggering a broader exchange over military conduct and antisemitism.

The disagreement began when Sa’ar addressed the incident in which a Christian religious symbol was damaged by an Israeli soldier, condemning the act in strong terms as “grave and disgraceful.” He praised the IDF for promptly denouncing the behavior and initiating an investigation into what occurred.

“This shameful action is completely contrary to our values,” Sa’ar wrote, underscoring Israel’s respect for all faiths and their sacred symbols. He also expressed regret over the incident and apologized to members of the Christian community who were offended.

Sikorski responded in Polish, acknowledging Sa’ar’s swift apology while adding that “there was something to apologize for.” He called for disciplinary measures against the soldier and suggested that the episode should prompt a reassessment of military training practices. Sikorski went further, alleging that Israeli soldiers themselves have admitted to war crimes, including harm to Palestinian Arab civilians and even Israeli hostages.

Sa’ar pushed back sharply, dismissing the accusations as “unfounded” and “defamatory.” He said Sikorski’s comments demonstrated “ignorance and a deep lack of understanding.”

Expanding on the issue, Sa’ar noted that all wars involve unintended incidents, including friendly fire, and that civilian casualties can occur—especially in situations where terrorists operate among civilian populations. He stressed that the IDF conducts its operations with a level of precision and intelligence that surpasses other Western militaries and consistently works to limit harm to noncombatants.

“The IDF is a professional and ethical army,” Sa’ar stated, adding that for 78 years it has faced continuous attempts to eliminate the State of Israel by hostile states and terrorist organizations.

He also maintained that Western armies study Israel’s military experience and that European civilians ultimately benefit from the outcomes of its counterterror operations.

Sa’ar further called on Sikorski to address what he described as a “disgraceful antisemitic display” that took place in Poland’s parliament the previous week, warning against what he characterized as reckless rhetoric.

The incident referenced involved Polish lawmaker Konrad Berkowicz from the far-right Confederation party, who defaced an Israeli flag at the parliamentary podium on Holocaust Remembrance Day. He replaced the Star of David with a swastika and accused Israel of being “the new Third Reich.” The Israeli Embassy in Warsaw condemned the act as an “antisemitic atrocity,” while senior Polish officials, including the Speaker of Parliament, also denounced the behavior and called for legal consequences.

Sikorski replied that he had already condemned the antisemitic act when it occurred and pointed out that the lawmaker involved had been disciplined by the Speaker of parliament. He added that if his remarks did not lead to changes in IDF training, there was little more he could do.

In his response, Sikorski also included a Haaretz article that cited claims from soldiers alleging involvement in war crimes.

{Matzav.com}

Officials: Iran Could Soon Rebuild Ballistic Missile System

Matzav -

Israeli defense officials are expressing growing concern that Iran may be able to quickly restore its ballistic missile capabilities if the matter is not included in any future diplomatic agreement.

An assessment by the IDF Intelligence Directorate, within the bounds of military censorship, indicates that Iran has the capacity to reestablish its missile systems within “very few years.”

Security sources caution that leaving the missile issue unresolved could set the stage for renewed hostilities with Iran sooner rather than later, particularly if upcoming negotiations fail to incorporate this critical element.

A senior Israeli official told Army Radio that “the missile issue is currently not on the negotiating table. That is troubling.”

{Matzav.com}

Trump Shoots Down Theories: ‘Israel Never Talked Me into the War with Iran’

Matzav -

President Donald Trump forcefully denied Monday that Israel played any role in influencing his decision to launch military action against Iran, pushing back against accusations circulating from Tehran, political critics, and commentators across the ideological spectrum.

In a statement posted on Truth Social, Trump insisted the move was entirely his own, rooted in long-standing convictions and recent events rather than outside pressure. “Israel never talked me into the war with Iran,” he said, emphasizing that his actions were driven by “the results of Oct. 7th, added to my lifelong opinion that IRAN CAN NEVER HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPON.”

Trump also used the post to lash out at media coverage and polling, accusing both of widespread dishonesty. “I watch and read the FAKE NEWS Pundits and Polls in total disbelief. 90% of what they say are lies and made up stories, and the polls are rigged, much as the 2020 Presidential Election was rigged.”

He expressed confidence that the military campaign would ultimately produce favorable outcomes, drawing a comparison to recent U.S. operations elsewhere. “Just like the results in Venezuela, which the media doesn’t like talking about, the results in Iran will be amazing – And if Iran’s new leaders (Regime Change!) are smart, Iran can have a great and prosperous future!”

Assertions that Israel pressured Washington into entering the conflict have circulated widely since hostilities erupted earlier this year, becoming a repeated talking point among critics of the war.

That claim gained renewed attention when former Vice President Kamala Harris raised it at a Democratic Party gathering in Detroit, arguing that “Trump entered a war – and he got pulled into it by Bibi Netanyahu, let’s be clear about that – that the American people didn’t want. Among the many consequences of it is jacking up the price of gas.”

Similar accusations have also been voiced by figures on the political right, including Tucker Carlson and former National Counterterrorism Center Director Joe Kent, who wrote in his resignation statement that the United States “started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby.”

{Matzav.com}

Pages

Subscribe to NativUSA Portal aggregator