Yeshiva World News

BEYOND DELUSIONAL: House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries Insists Democrats Have Republicans “On The Run”

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries assured fellow Democrats that Republicans are “on the run”—despite the GOP controlling the White House, both chambers of Congress, and holding a firm 6-3 majority on the Supreme Court. During a virtual call last week with DNC Chair Ken Martin, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), and other Democratic leaders, Jeffries attempted to paint a picture of a Republican Party in retreat, even as President Donald Trump settles into a second term and the GOP enjoys its most commanding grip on power in years. “We have the Republicans on the run on three core issues,” Jeffries declared. “They are on the run in terms of the economy. In fact, Donald Trump and Republicans are crashing the economy in real time.” His remarks came just days after Trump’s address to Congress, a speech Jeffries characterized as “one of the most divisive speeches by a president in American history.” He accused Trump of avoiding economic issues because, in his words, “the economy is collapsing on his watch.” “They made promises with respect to lowering costs,” Jeffries continued. “Costs aren’t going down, they are going up. Inflation is going up. You know what’s coming down? Donald Trump’s poll numbers, because he is mismanaging the economy and the American people are feeling it.” Jeffries also insisted that the GOP was “on the run” regarding healthcare policy, particularly Medicaid, blasting Republican proposals to enact the largest Medicaid cuts in history. “House Democrats stand on the side of Medicaid and the American people,” Jeffries said. “Republicans are trying to enact the largest cut to Medicaid in American history, and we need to keep the pressure on them legislatively and in communities all across the country.” He then turned to the Republican tax agenda, accusing the GOP of prioritizing billionaires and corporations over working-class Americans. “We have to continue to call them out on their extremism—we will do that,” Jeffries vowed. “And all of that is being done in service of trying to pass massive tax breaks for their billionaire donors like Elon Musk and wealthy corporations. So, we have them on the run, and we’re going to keep our foot on the gas pedal.” While Jeffries projected confidence, many within his own party see a Democratic movement in crisis. With Trump in the White House until at least 2029 and a Republican-controlled Congress, Democrats currently wield no governing power. The party’s messaging remains fractured, and voters have increasingly drifted away, handing Republicans resounding victories in recent elections. Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville recently described the party as “rudderless and without leadership.” In a guest essay published in The New York Times, Carville sarcastically suggested that, given the circumstances, Democrats should “roll over and play dead” rather than continue struggling for relevance. “With no clear leader to voice our opposition and no control in any branch of government, it’s time for Democrats to embark on the most daring political maneuver in the history of our party: roll over and play dead,” Carville wrote. “Allow the Republicans to crumble beneath their own weight and make the American people miss us.” Jeffries, however, dismissed such assessments, insisting that the Democratic Party still holds the momentum. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

Turkey Blocks Israel From Participating In NATO Exercise

Turkey has blocked Israel from participating in NATO’s annual exercise on “resilience and emergency preparedness,” according to Israel’s Foreign Ministry, Ynet reported on Sunday. Two weeks ago, a meeting took place between Israeli diplomats and a NATO coordination team, during which there was strong enthusiasm for Israel’s participation in the exercise, the report said. Nevertheless, Turkey’s opposition is likely to thwart Israel’s involvement in the exercise since NATO decisions require consensus. An Israeli official accused Turkey of using its veto power as a political tool. “Turkey’s position undermines regional cooperation and NATO’s ability to address global challenges,” the official said. “Instead of promoting unity and collective security, Turkey is wielding its veto in a way that harms strategic partnerships. Blocking Israel’s cooperation with NATO does not contribute to stability; rather, it undermines the alliance’s core values.” Turkey has blocked all moves for NATO-Israel cooperation since the outbreak of the war in Gaza, including meetings and joint exercises. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said at the NATO summit in July that the alliance “cannot continue its partnership with the Israeli government.” Then-Israeli Foreign Minister Ysrael Katz called on NATO to expel Turkey after Erdoğan alluded to possible military action against Israel. (YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)

Rav Shlomo Kanievsky Will Recite Your Name on Rav Chaim’s Yartzeit – Submit Now!

Six years ago, the Torah world in America united in an unprecedented way during HaRav Shlomo Kanievsky’s weeks-long trip to the United States to save Yeshiva Kiryas Melech in Bnei Brak. From New York to Los Angeles and cities in between, Yidden opened their hearts to support Yeshiva Tiferes Tzion/Kiryas Melech. HaRav Shlomo assumed full financial responsibility for the yeshiva, following the guidance of his father, Rav Chaim Kanievsky, and his grandfather, Rav Yosef Shalom Elyashiv, who urged him to do whatever was necessary to ensure its growth and vitality. Now, HaRav Shlomo Kanievsky, son of the Sar HaTorah Rav Chaim zt”l, will daven by his father’s kever on his 3rd yartzeit. During the davening, the names submitted will be recited along with the specific needs—be it shidduchim, parnassah, or anything else. Kiryas Melech, the yeshiva so dear to Rav Chaim—as the Sar HaTorah declared, “his saving (the yeshiva) is my saving”—remains a tremendous major Torah. Submit your name and contributing to Kiryas Melech now: https://tinyurl.com/4a2mvmdu

Trump Shrugs At Questions Over Pulling Support For Ukraine: “It May Not Survive Anyway” [VIDEO]

President Donald Trump dismissed concerns over pulling US support for Ukraine in its war against Russia, saying the embattled nation “may not survive anyway.” Appearing on Sunday Morning Futures with Fox News anchor Maria Bartiromo, Trump was pressed on whether he was comfortable leaving Ukraine to fend for itself, knowing he could have done more to help. Rather than answering directly, he pivoted to attack President Joe Biden while downplaying the urgency of Ukraine’s plight. “It may not survive anyway,” Trump said bluntly. “But, you know, we have some weaknesses with Russia. You know, it takes two.” Bartiromo didn’t let up, pointing out that Ukraine and Israel have both come under attack from aggressive forces—Ukraine by Russia, and Israel by Hamas—and questioning whether the U.S. is treating both conflicts with equal urgency. “They’re very different places,” Trump responded. “You’re talking about different levels of power. You’re talking about different parts of the world. The Middle East has been under attack forever.” He then pivoted to take credit for the Abraham Accords, his administration’s landmark peace agreements in the region. When pressed on whether he had been as tough on Russia as he had been on Hamas, Trump doubled down. “I think I’ve been very tough to Russia. Tougher than anybody’s ever been to Russia, if you think about it.” (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

STUNNING: Trump’s Middle East Envoy Praises Hamas, Calls Palestinian Terrorists “Hostages” And Israeli Captives “Prisoners”

High-stakes talks between the US and Hamas, held in Doha, Qatar, over the past week, have centered around the possible release of Edan Alexander, a 21-year-old Israeli-American hostage believed to be the last living US citizen held by Hamas in Gaza. Hamas political adviser Taher Nunu confirmed the meetings, saying, “We have dealt positively and flexibly, in a way that serves the interests of the Palestinian people.” His remarks, filled with diplomatic posturing, starkly contrast the brutality Hamas continues to unleash in the region. This extraordinary move by the Trump administration marks a mindboggling shift in policy, breaking a decades-old US stance against negotiating with terrorists. Since 1997, Hamas has been officially designated a terrorist organization by the US government, yet now, American envoys are sitting across the table from the very leaders who orchestrated the slaughter of over 1,200 Israelis and the abduction of hundreds more. Hamas has made it clear that the release of hostages is contingent on Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, an end to the war, and a total ceasefire—essentially granting the terror group total victory. According to Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem, while the group “does not mind” releasing Israeli hostages with American citizenship, it would only happen as part of a “comprehensive agreement.” Israel, meanwhile, has refused to enter phase two of negotiations, recognizing that Hamas’s demands are nothing short of surrender. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government has maintained that any agreement requiring Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza in exchange for hostages is a non-starter. Instead, Netanyahu has dispatched a delegation to Doha, led by hostage negotiator Gal Hirsch and senior security officials, to hold parallel discussions aimed at securing the release of more than 24 living hostages and the bodies of 35 others still held in Gaza. As the White House ramps up pressure on Israel to agree to a new ceasefire, concerns are growing that the Trump administration is prioritizing American hostages over the dozens of Israeli captives still in Hamas’s hands. US Special Envoy Adam Boehler has downplayed Israel’s opposition to the talks, insisting that his negotiations with Hamas were “coordinated” with Jerusalem—an assertion Israeli officials dispute. “We were blindsided,” one Israeli official told The Times of Israel. “We found out about the talks after they had already begun. This was not coordination—it was an ambush.” Boehler, for his part, appears to be embracing Hamas’s rhetoric, repeatedly referring to Israeli hostages as “prisoners” while using the term “hostages” to describe Palestinian prisoners held in Israel—a move that echoes Hamas’s own propaganda. When pressed about Israeli criticism, Boehler brushed it aside, mocking Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs Ron Dermer, saying, “If it was a big deal every time Dermer got a little bit upset… Ron might have a lot of big deals every day.” Perhaps the most disturbing revelation from the ongoing negotiations is Hamas’s new proposal, which Boehler has shockingly described as “not a bad first offer.” According to him, Hamas is now offering a five- to ten-year truce with Israel, during which it would disarm and withdraw from political control in Gaza in exchange for a massive prisoner swap. Under this plan, the US and other international actors would be responsible for ensuring Hamas complies. But why should Hamas be trusted? After repeatedly breaking ceasefires, violating agreements, and continuing its relentless pursuit of Israel’s […]

TENSE MEETING: Netanyahu Presses Shin Bet Chief To Resign; He Refuses

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar held a tense meeting on Thursday, during which Netanyahu urged Bar to resign from his position – but he refused, Channel 12 reported on Sunday. Prime Minister Netanyahu told Bar during the particularly charged meeting: “We waited for the investigation. Now is the time to hand over the keys.” Last week, Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar referred to his responsibility for the October 7th failure in closed-door talks, saying: “I have taken responsibility and I intend to fulfill it. But timing is important.” In addition, he stated: “I will not allow the imposition of a Shin Bet chief from outside the organization.” Bar told his employees that he intends to ensure that a state commission of inquiry is established: “The moment I see that this is happening, I will want to pass the baton to one of my two excellent deputies.” Last week, the Prime Minister’s Office launched an unprecedented attack against Bar following the publication of the organization’s internal investigation into the failures that led to the October 7th attack. According to sources in Netanyahu’s circle, the investigation is an attempt to blur the failure of the Shin Bet itself and deflect the blame towards the political echelon. Sources in Netanyahu’s circle said that the findings of the investigation do not reflect the magnitude of the failure and that Bar completely failed in dealing with Hamas, both in recent years and in the hours before October 7th. They added that the Shin Bet was captive to a flawed conception and did not correctly interpret the intelligence picture. In the situational assessment conducted on October 1, 2023, Bar recommended granting civilian benefits to Hamas in exchange for calm. In another intelligence assessment presented on October 3, the Shin Bet claimed that Hamas wants to avoid a battle against Israel and even emphasized Israel’s potential to maintain stability in Gaza by providing economic opportunities to the residents of the Strip. (YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)

BROOKLYN: Brazen Burglar Hits The Hustle Wig, Escapes with $30K in Merchandise

A masked thief struck The Hustle Wig in Brooklyn in the dead of night, making off with over $30,000 worth of premium hat wigs and supplies in a brazen two-part heist. Surveillance footage captured the suspect—a lone individual on a Citi Bike—arriving at the popular wig retailer at approximately 3:00 AM on Tuesday. With methodical precision, he picked the lock and slipped inside, swiftly loading high-value wigs and supplies onto his bicycle before vanishing into the night. Two hours later, at 5:00 AM, the thief returned for another round, this time grabbing even more inventory along with an assortment of unexpected items—including a panini machine and a first aid kit. Authorities were alerted immediately, and a detective is now working closely with The Hustle Wig to track down the perpetrator. While the crime has been classified as grand theft due to the staggering value of the stolen goods, police do not believe this was a targeted attack. The business is urging anyone with information about the break-in to come forward. Meanwhile, The Hustle Wig remains undeterred, pushing forward with the same energy and commitment that has made it a trusted name in the industry. A video of the crime is available below. If you recognize the suspect or have any relevant information, contact local law enforcement immediately. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

WATCH IT: Liberal Stephen Smith EXPLODES On Dems For How They Acted At Trump’s Congressional Addres

Democrat Stephen Smith once again went on a bashing spree against his fellow democrats. His latest outburst was attacking the despicable behavior by the Democrats last week during president trump’s address to a joint session of Congress. “You got the Democrats showing up for Trump’s address to both houses of Congress looking like fools! … Got a representative like Al Green … looking incredibly immature and undisciplined … And then these people holding up their signs … All you did was give the impression anything that Trump favors you’re against. Wow, way to show the American people on the left you’re ready to go do your job … Republicans, you have them reeling. The Democrats are reeling. They are falling backwards. It’s bad!” (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

GREEN CARD REVOKED: ICE Arrests Palestinian “Activist” Who Helped Lead Columbia University’s Antisemitic, Anti-Israel Protests

Federal immigration authorities have arrested Mahmoud Khalil, a notorious Palestinian “activist” and ringleader of Columbia University’s disruptive anti-Israel encampment movement. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, acting on a State Department order, swooped into Khalil’s university-owned apartment near Columbia’s Manhattan campus, taking him into custody for his role in stoking unrest on university campuses. Khalil’s attorney, Amy Greer, whined to The Associated Press that ICE agents informed her they were executing a State Department directive to revoke Khalil’s student visa. When Greer pointed out that Khalil, who graduated in December, held a green card as a permanent resident, the agents delivered a crushing blow: that privilege was being stripped away too. And rightly so—Khalil’s relentless agitation against Israel’s justified war in Gaza has no place in a nation that cherishes freedom and security. The arrest comes as President Donald Trump boldly vows to deport foreign students and jail agitators who dare to undermine Israel’s fight against terrorism. The administration has zeroed in on Columbia University, a hotbed of radical anti-Israel activity, slashing $400 million in grants and contracts on Friday due to the Ivy League school’s shameful failure to stamp out rampant antisemitism. Greer complained that authorities refused to disclose to Khalil’s wife—eight months pregnant—why her husband was detained. But such details are irrelevant when national security and the defense of democratic principles are at stake. Khalil has since been transferred to an immigration detention facility in Elizabeth, New Jersey. “We have not been able to get any more details about why he is being detained,” Greer moaned to The AP. “This is a clear escalation.” Indeed, it is—an escalation of justice. The administration is making good on its promise to crack down on those who abuse their status to foment chaos, and ICE deserves applause for its efficiency and courage. A Columbia spokesperson bleated that law enforcement must produce a warrant to enter university property but declined to confirm whether one was presented—perhaps a sign of the school’s reluctance to admit its complicity in harboring radicals like Khalil. Khalil had arrogantly positioned himself as a leading figure in Columbia’s pro-Palestinian crusade, negotiating on behalf of students who erected tents on campus last spring to protest Israel’s efforts to defend itself against Hamas. In September, he brazenly told The Associated Press that the protests would persist “as long as Columbia continues to invest and to benefit from Israeli apartheid”—a baseless smear against a democratic nation fighting for survival. Now, thanks to ICE’s decisive action, this provocateur’s days of sowing discord appear to be numbered. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

Pages